Monday, March 14, 2016

Sounds Live Feels Live

Last week, I just experienced one of the best moments in my entire life.

Can you believe that I went to 5SOS’ Sounds Live Feels Live (SLFL) concert in Jakarta? I’ve been a fan of 5SOS since 2013, when they still played for 1D as their opening act in Take Me Home tour. But I was, like, a super chill fan, because I was only there for the music, not like what I did for 1D where I would willingly spend hours of my pathetic life to dig into their funny moment videos, behind the scene footages, girlfriend dramas, etc. So, to me, it’s somehow ironic that I didn’t go to 1D’s OTRA tour last year but I decided to see 5SOS instead. Well, I wrote something about that here. Basically, it was just a very dark day for me (despite the fact that Zayn left the band), and until now sometimes I still regret my decision not to come to OTRA. And that’s not something I want to feel again. So when the official announcement of SLFL Jakarta was released, I thought to myself, "Fuck everything I have nothing to lose just let's fucking goooo!”. Besides, I really needed a little escape from work.

And so I went, with my sister, Sari, and Indra (who are sisters too). SLFL Jakarta was my first international concert so I was a bit overwhelmed by how many people already standing by at the venue, hours before the concert was started. Most of them were teenage girls, running here and there, singing at the top of their lungs with their group of friends, wearing all these cool 5SOS outfits. At some point I couldn’t help myself to cringe because I thought they were a bit too much? But later I realised that maybe I was just jealous. Hey, I already passed my teenage phase years ago, and yes no one says only teenagers can do all those things but I guess…. I just don’t have the energy anymore, you know? I still felt the hype, but the willingness to channel that feeling into some real actions were zero. That doesn’t mean I wasn’t excited and thrilled to see 5SOS though, in fact I couldn’t be any happier. You have no idea.

Anyway, remember when I said that I was a super chill fan? Well, let’s just say that all my chills were gone the moment I stepped my feet into the arena and saw the stage with this huge 5SOS logo as the backdrop. I squealed, I giggled, I laughed, I just couldn’t stand still and this huge smile wouldn’t stop creeping on my face. And THANK GOD we got a pretty good seat, not too far away from the stage. I tried to calm down, just scrolled through my cellphone and sometimes hummed to the songs that were performed by the opening act, when suddenly the lights went off and I knew, I fucking knew, that the show was about to start. People around me were screaming I don’t think it could be any louder than that. But of course it could, because not until a minute after that, 5SOS came on the stage and it seemed like the roof was about to fall off by our screaming. Me? I was dead from happiness.

The show was started slow with Carry On (AND MICHAEL IN PIANO!!!) but tbh I barely could hear any of it because people kept screaming and screaming. Then the music built up to something more energetic and the next thing I knew we all sang along to Hey Everybody and Money and Disconnected and Don’t Stop and etc. But one of my favorites had to be Waste the Night. I got goosebumps the moment people started chanting ‘I need your love” part at the beginning of the song. And Luke’s voice came in and that was it. I was dead. Again. Man, it was so beautiful my heart hurt. Not to mention that Luke took the mic out of the stand and he just walked around the stage. I didn’t record all of 5SOS performance throughout the entire concert but Waste the Night was the only song I recorded from start to finish. I just had to, you know. I wanted to be able to reminisce that particular moment later. And you have no idea how many times I’ve played that video since I went home from Jakarta. It gives me strength I didn’t know I needed.

Before SLFL Jakarta, I was certain that Ashton was my favorite member of 5SOS. Just look at the way he plays drums! You can see how much passion he puts into his playing, the sweat running down his chins, HIS SEXY DUCK FACE!!! That night, his smile lit up the whole room, he was all giggly like a ball of sunshine, YET STILL MANAGED TO LOOK THAT HOT WHILE PLAYING DRUMS. But here's the thing though; I also couldn't stop paying attention to Calum. He looked chubbier, with his squishy face and a new hair cut. When he said that he didn't expect to see that many people coming to their first show in Indonesia, I swear to God I could see his eyes were tearing up a bit. Or maybe it was just the screen. I don't know. Either way, my heart was touched. THEY ALSO CREATED THESE IMPROMPTU SONGS ABOUT JAKARTA AND NASI GORENG! Basically they just repeatedly saying those two words in some particular melodies. It was ridiculous, but at the same time it was also heartwarming because it made us, the fans, felt special.

Wow, I'm sorry I didn't mean to write a super long ass post like this. I guess I got carried away. But, really, honestly, going to SLFL Jakarta is one of the best decisions I've made in my entire life. Singing along with fellow 5SOS fans, WHILE THE ACTUAL 5SOS MEMBERS PLAYING ON THE STAGE, gave me this fantastic feeling that cannot be compared with anything else. The whole SLFL Jakarta was beyond awesome. It blew my mind, like, really. I also couldn't ask for better companions because Sari, Indra, and my sister were, like, the best. We fangirled hard over 5SOS and everything while we were waiting for the show to start, we shared a room in a hotel near the venue together, we just.... clicked. At least I think we did. I hope 5SOS will come back to Indonesia soon because I've been dead inside since the show was over and until now I'm still suffering from post-concert depression. Nevertheless, SLFL Jakarta is still one of the best nights I've ever experienced in my life ever. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment